NEW YORK, July 7, 2014 / PRNewswire — The following is being released by the law firm of SUSMAN GODFREY LLP.
There is a $19 million settlement with Twin America, LLC, Coach USA, Inc., International Bus Services, Inc., CitySights LLC, and CitySights Twin, LLC (together called the “Defendants”).
The lawsuit pending in federal court in New York City claims that Coach and CitySights conspired to form a joint venture, Twin America, against state and federal law. The lawsuit claims that this new company dominated the “hop-on, hop-off” bus tour business in New York City enabling the Defendants to fix ticket prices and reduce competition – resulting in higher ticket prices for customers. The Defendants deny that they did anything wrong.
Generally, the settlement includes anyone who bought Gray Line or CitySights “hop-on, hop-off” bus tours in New York City from February 1, 2009 until June 16, 2014.
The Settlement Fund will pay:
- Consumers up to $20 per eligible Hop-On, Hop-Off ticket.
- The cost to administer the settlement as well as attorney fees and the payments to the Class Representatives.
If there is any money left in the Settlement Fund after claims, costs, and taxes have been paid, it will be given to the Department of Justice, Antitrust Division, and/or the New York Attorney General’s Office.
- Consumers must file a claim online or by mail no later than January 19, 2015 to receive payment.
- Consumers who do nothing will not get a payment and give up the right to sue.
- Consumers who want to keep the right to sue the Defendants must exclude themselves by September 5, 2014.
- Consumers who stay in the settlement can object to it by September 5, 2014.
- The Court will hold a hearing in this case on October 20, 2014, to consider whether to approve the settlement and a payment of attorneys’ fees up to one-third of the Settlement Fund, plus reimbursement of expenses, and a special service payment of $20,000 each to two Class Representatives.
For more information about the settlement or to get a claim form, visit www.TourBusSettlement.com or call 1-866-431-9265.